meganbaxter

meganbaxter

I'm a grad student, an avid reader, a huge nerd, fervent roleplayer, wife, cat lover, tea snob, and obsessive keeper of lists.
Penny Arcade Volume 7: Be Good, Little Puppy - Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik I don't really play video games. It's not that I haven't, or can't (although I'm not very good at them). I just don't. (Also, the fact that we haven't been able to afford a new system since the PS2 may play a factor in here.)

And yet, I read Penny Arcade. And although I rarely know exactly what they're talking about, I generally have enough absorbed nerd knowledge to get them. And sometimes, they make me laugh until I'm sore. I don't think this is the best collection, though. Previous ones I've enjoyed a lot more.

It's not that they're bad, but either I'm getting more out of touch (entirely possible!) or this just wasn't their best year. The comic about telling Gabe he could "play" the Wii Weather Channel killed me, though.

Penny Arcade is definitely a webcomic for its target audience. Video game players, some other assorted nerds, and people with a high shock threshold. If you fall within this relatively small group, you'll probably like this webcomic. But I'd recommend their earlier books first.