meganbaxter

meganbaxter

I'm a grad student, an avid reader, a huge nerd, fervent roleplayer, wife, cat lover, tea snob, and obsessive keeper of lists.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -  Arthur Conan Doyle Ah, Sherlock Holmes. Methodical detective work at its finest. I find it telegraphs the ends more than more modern detective novels, but I kind of like that, given that it gives me more of a fighting chance to figure out what Watson can't. And indeed, I did very well with this collection.

There were two stories in the collection I had read before, but I'm not sure where or when. Only the two, though, the one about fuller's earth, and The Beryl Coronet.

But yes, Sherlock Holmes is always fun to read, lovely and stylish, and always intriguing. I haven't read many others, so I'll have to seek them out at some point. I did find it a little tiring that the stories, at the beginning of each one, had to find a reason why Watson was spending time with Sherlock Holmes rather than his wife, but the stories themselves were great fun.