meganbaxter

meganbaxter

I'm a grad student, an avid reader, a huge nerd, fervent roleplayer, wife, cat lover, tea snob, and obsessive keeper of lists.
Three to Get Deadly - Janet Evanovich This is the first Janet Evanovich book I've read - when books pop up in one of the various places I use to choose the next books to read, and the series doesn't seem to be one where continuity is of any real importance, I often read them out of order.

Which is to say, I certainly didn't feel like I'd been thrown in at the deep end - everything was pretty clear from the beginning.

This was a perfectly serviceable pop mystery - not heavy on the mystery, not particularly defined characters, but it moved along nicely, and I enjoyed it as a quick read and a bit of a break from the heavier books I'd been reading at the same time. There's definitely something to be said for light and frothy books.

I don't know how much of this book I'll remember in a couple of weeks, but I won't avoid reading other Stephanie Plum books either.

But there are a lot better mysteries out there - I continue to be obsessed with Canadian author Louise Penny, for instance.

But if you're looking for something mindless, you could do worse than this.